Complaints procedure

We value your instructions and aim to meet or exceed your expectations of service and quality of work in all aspects. If, however, you have any concerns about our service or work for you, it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns. Alternatively please send a letter or email with full details of your complaint to our Managing Partner, Mark Glenister at [email protected] or JPP Law LLP, Suite 112, Former Express Dairy, Riversend Road, Hemel Hempstead HP3 9AJ.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of discussing your complaint with our Managing Partner or are unable to agree a basis of mediation, you may raise a complaint with The Legal Ombudsman. They will look at your complaint independently and their involvement will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them:

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Email: [email protected]
Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806

Complaints and conflicts of interest

As a regulated firm of solicitors, we are subject to extensive professional rules. One of these rules is that we are not allowed to act for someone if doing so would give rise to a conflict of interest. A complaint can lead to such a conflict arising. This should not dissuade you from raising a complaint. However, it is important for you to be aware that there are circumstances where, if you make a complaint, we may no longer be able to act for you on the matter. If that occurred, we would tell you and discuss how you would like your matter handled (subject to compliance with our professional duties).

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other protected characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Mark Glenister

Introductory Call

This meeting is an introductory call with Mark Glenister to discuss any legal advice requirements you may have.

Sign up for newsletters from JPP Law:

We will never share your email address with anyone. You can of course unsubscribe at any time, just follow the link at the bottom of your newsletter.